This article outlines the steps required for a successful website launch using AgilityCMS. There are a few steps here that may require the assistance of email@example.com (depending on whether you are self-hosting or hosting with Agility). In order to ensure a smooth process, please notify firstname.lastname@example.org at least 10 business days prior to launch.
- Pre-launch Deployment Checklist - We have comprised a checklist for application developers to verify their application is setup correctly for a production environment. Please see the Pre-launch Live Deployment Checklist for more details.
- Custom CDN URL - If you haven't already, consider using a custom CDN domain for your Media and Documents for SEO benefits. Please see Updating your Media & Documents CDN URL for more details.
- Deploy to Live Environment - Ensure your live hosting environment is setup, and your application has been deployed. This could mean that you've deployed your application to an Agility Azure App Service, or you've deployed to your own server. For deploying sites to Azure App Service, please ensure you have followed this guide: Hosting Agility Websites on Azure App Service
- Sync your Live Web Server - Ensure you have 'Synchronized' your production website to your Agility Instance. Please see How to Add a Syncing Web Server.
- Add Custom Host Headers to Web Server - In order for the web server to receive requests for your website on a custom domain, the headers need to be setup on the web server for each of your custom domains. If you are hosting with Agility, please contact email@example.com with your request to add custom domains/host headers. If these domains are already being used by an active site and you are deploying to Azure App Service site, this will require you to add TXT verification records for your domains to validate ownership. Please see Migrating an Active Site to Azure App Service for more details.
- Install SSL any Certificate(s) - If your site is hosted by Agility, you must provide your SSL certificate for installation to firstname.lastname@example.org. If you do not have an existing certificate, one may be purchased through Agility. For self-hosted sites, SSL certificates cannot be purchased through Agility.
- Verify your Agility Configuration - Within the Agility Content Manager, there is an automated checklist that will determine whether your instance has been configured and launch ready. This is for agility configuration only, and does NOT include hosting specifics.
- Test your DNS and SSL - Normally the last step before going live, it is important to ensure that you've tested all of your custom domain names and SSL certificate(s) with your production application on the live environment. Please see Testing DNS and SSL Before you Go Live for more details.
- Final Step: Flip the DNS - Whether you are launching a new site or migrating an existing one, usually the last step is making live changes to your DNS records ultimately pointing your custom domains to your production web server. Please see Live: Pointing Your Domain for full details.
If you have any questions or concerns, please email email@example.com for assistance.