By default, all incoming requests will load the Default Channel in an Agility instance. Which is a fancy way of saying, you'll always have a default page tree.
If you have more than one Channel, then you'll need to be able to manage which Channel gets loaded based on some criteria.
Usually, the best way to set the correct Channel context is based on the domain that the website is loading over. Each Channel should always have at least one domain associated to it.
- Must have a Channel already setup in Agility
- Must have a domain setup with a DNS record pointing to the appropriate web server
- Must have that domain name setup as host header on the deployed website
Mapping a Domain to a Channel
- In the Content Manager, go to Settings > Domain Configuration and select your Channel:
- In the Domain Configuration Details flyout, click the + button to add a new Website Domain:
- In the Channel Domain Details flyout, fill-in the following required fields:
Name - this represents the environment name, recommended values include UAT, Stage, Live, Production etc.
Domain URL - this represents the absolute path of the domain name including the http(s) scheme
Preview Domain - this sets the domain as the default preview domain if you are previewing a page within that channel in Agility, this does not affect preview behavior in other Channels
When complete, click Save on the Channel Domain Details flyout, then click Save on the Domain Configuration Details flyout to commit the changes.
Next, you can verify the changes by navigating directly to the domain in a browser, and your appropriate channel should be loaded by default.
Lastly, verify that preview on the domain works as well by navigating to a page within that channel and click on Preview. If successful, the site should load over that domain in preview mode.