This article highlights some common validation errors upon saving content.
An error occurred saving Content. The 'xyz' field must have unique values, and the value 'abc' is already in use
Description: This error means that the field 'xyz' (the field in the current definition) has been marked to be 'Unique in each language'. In this case, 'abc' is the value of the field that is causing the conflict.
Resolution: Ensure you use a unique value for the field in question. If these values should NOT have a unique constraint, then contact your development team and inquire if the restriction can be removed.
Steps to Remove:
- Login to Agility
- Go to Settings
- Go to Content Definitions
- Select your content definition
- Go the the Form Builder tab and select the field name (i.e. 'xyz') you wish to remove the constraint
- Uncheck the "Unique in each language" checkbox
- Save and close the remaining open dialogues