This Event has passed. You may work through this workshop on your own using the slides and a full video of the workshop is posted on YouTube.
Looking for a crash course on Agility development, or to brush up on the latest features and best practices? Join us for an afternoon workshop where you'll get meet the product team, walkthrough some fundamentals, and get some hands on experience developing and deploying an Agility website.
1:30pm - 2:00pm EDT - Arrival and setup
2:00pm - 5:00pm EDT - Workshop session
5:00pm - 6:00pm EDT - Social hour (drinks and snacks)
Who should attend:
- You are new to Agility development
- You want a refresher and learn about some new features and best practices
- You are a .NET developer
- You are Front-end developer looking to expand into .NET
What you'll come away with:
An understanding of the core CMS concepts, its flexibility, best practices and development workflow starting from a local environment all the way to production.
This session includes:
- Your own Agility Sandbox instance, website source code, and deployed web server
- Understanding of how to setup a local environment and familiarity with MVC and Agility
- Overview of Agility sync architecture
- How to add functionality through creation of Pages, Page Templates, and Content/Module Definitions
- How to customize your Agility instance with Custom Fields
- How to create a Form and sync submissions to SalesForce without writing any code
- How to use Ad-hoc Thumbnailing on images in Media and Documents
- Best practices for content architecture
- Deploying your website
- And more…
What you'll need:
A laptop (and probably its charger). This is a working session where you will be following instructions from the speaker. We recommend having a laptop with Windows installed and Visual Studio 2015/2017 Community Edition (free) or higher. We'll also have some Windows VMs with Visual Studio available for use just in case. There will be helpers as well to assist throughout the session.
How to get there:
The event is hosted at the WeWork building at 100 University. Upon arrival, enter through the front entrance and go up the elevators on the right side of the lobby, and go to floor 5. You'll need to check-in with the reception desk where we will register you and take you to the room where the workshop will be hosted.
Remote Attendance is also supported via a Zoom meeting. Zoom meeting details will be sent out closer to the workshop date. If you are attending via Zoom, please select Remote Attendee as the ticket type.