Agility CMS is a flexible headless CMS with an infinite number of ways to configure and set up your pages and content.
In order to showcase best-practices, evaluate, and help onboard new users when using Agility CMS with Gatsby, we recommend signing up for our pre-configured Gatsby Starter Blog. This template has a few pages along with some modules and content types already set for you to support a familiar blogging experience.
It's important to note though, that you can customize anything and everything in this template, it's just giving you a head start and serving as an example!
Sign Up for our Gatsby and Agility CMS Starter Today for Free!
What we'll be covering in this guide:
How to Sign Up
Head to https://www.agilitycms.com and click on Get Started to sign up for a new Agility CMS account.
Sign up for a new Agility CMS account using Github, Google, Microsoft, or via Email & Password.
Fill out the following information to complete your profile.
Select the Starter Template project type.
Choose Blog with Gatsby as your starter template.
Select the Free developer plan.
Give your project a Name, and select whether you want to Deploy your site now, or save deployment for later.
🎉. Welcome to the Agility CMS Dashboard!
Overview of the Gatsby Starter Blog Template Instance
The Gatsby Starter Blog Instance consists of a collection of pre-initialized Pages, Page Templates, Modules, and Content.
Pages represent the pages available on your website.
- /home - the root page of the site ('/') which as a few modules already on it
- /posts - the primary listing page for blog posts
- /posts/* - they dynamic page path used for blog posts
Page templates define the areas that modules can be added to.
- One Column Template - a basic template that has a single content zone for adding modules
Modules are the functional components that are added on a page. Typically all of your content on a page is broken down into modules.
- Jumbotron - a simple banner UI component that has a few fields
- Rich Text Area - a WYSIWYG for displaying flexible HTML
- Post Listing - a listing of your blog posts
- Post Details - UI component representing the details of a blog post, used on the /posts/* dynamic page
- Global Header - a content item with fields that are used for rendering a header on the website
- Posts - a listing of blog posts, each post has a Title, Image, and Body
Once you're familiar with the Gatsby Blog Template Instance, its time to set up a website that uses this content.
- Get started with the Agility CMS Gatsby Starter Site