Content Definitions are the most important aspect of a Content First approach. You want to think about your content without thinking about where it is going. Make it reusable, flexible, and easy to manage.
To create a new Content Definitions do the following:
1. Navigate to page definitions by clicking 'Content Model' -> 'Content Definitions'
Each content definition has the following items:
- The friendly display name of the Content Definition that will show in Content Manager.
- Content Type
- The type of the Content Definition - can either be a single Content Item or a list of Content Items
- The description is a field that describes what the Content Definition is used for in content management.
- Last Modified Date
- The date the Content Definition was last modified.
- The user who last modified the Content Definition.
2. Click on 'Add'
3. Enter the Title, Description and Content Type of the Content Definition
Now you are able to add Definition Fields to your content item. To start adding fields click the '+ Add Field' button shown below.
There many different types of fields you can add to your Content Definition.
All fields have a Field Label and Description and have the option of being Required/Not Required and Field Displayed/Hidden.