This guide will walk you through setting up a locale and choosing a locale context methodology.
Add Your Locale(s)
First, you will need to add a new locale (if you have not already done so). You can do this by navigating to Settings > Locales and click on the “New” button.
If you receive an error message, your license may not support an additional language. If this is the case, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Choose Your Locale Context
Locale Code in URL
- For .NET Sites, this must be enabled in Settings > Development Framework.
Separate Domain per Language
Having a separate domain per locale means that each locale will be mapped to a specific domain. In this case, you may have URLs that appear like http://en.mysite.com/about or http://fr.mysite.com/about.
Adding your Sitemap:
- Go to Settings > Sitemaps > then click on "Add a Sitemap" to add a new Sitemap and domain.
- On the Sitemap Details fly out, enter a Name, Reference Name, and select whether this is your default Sitemap.
Adding your Domain:
- Click on "Setup Deployment".
- Select a Deployment Provider, or proceed with a Custom Deployment.
- Enter your Deployment Details. For .NET, ensure you set your Default Language and the Force Default Language checkbox. This will ensure that when a user arrives on that domain that the appropriate language is automatically used.